Friday, June 19, 2009

Thoko!!!!!!!!!!!

It was just another day bringing patients for Chest Xrays at Botha's Hill Clinic a few weeks back. Then, all of a sudden, a woman came towards me staring at me. I did not recognize her and finally she screamed "Jennnnnnnnnnn...hellllllllooooooooo." It took me a couple of seconds to realize that this was one of my ex-patients, Thoko and we gave each other a HUGE hug!!!

She was one of the first patients I had gotten to know and gotten to take care of during my stay here in South Africa. I did not recognize her as she is much healthier looking now that she is on ARV's. It was awesome to see her. I (obviously) started crying and just kept hugging her!!!!!!

Since that day, I've seen her 3 seperate times out and about. Each time it's special because I think we both realize how truly sick she was when I met her. Even in the midst of struggle, death and sadness, there are some beautiful stories that I have been blessed to be a part of. This is one of them!


No comments: