Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dumiso visits Slindokuhle...

The patient I've spoken about quite a bit, Slindokuhle, is quite an amazing young woman. She is recently blind and is now challenged with adapting to a whole new world. She is 18 years old and has a 2.5 year old and a 7 month old baby. One day she asked me if I could go fetch Dumiso so she can see him. I went to pick him up from his Grannie and brought him to the Respite Unit. He looks exactly like her and is very sweet. She had a wonderful time just holding him and listening to his giggling. It was a beautiful, yet heart-wrenching day for me. I realized how hard it will be for her to not be able to be alone with her babies because she cannot see. She has a very positive outlook and I know that in time she will be fine. Enjoy these adorable pictures :)




No comments: