Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cape Town Holiday!

I finally took a break from the Respite Unit and went to Cape Town with my roommate Katie and my friend and her cousin that were visiting! It was an awesome 6 days in a beautiful city!!! What a nice change from Durban!!!! (Or, as I refer to it lately, Dur-bag). Cape Town has a much nicer vibe...it's clean, pretty and calmer! It is truly a city which caters to tourists! We had a fun filled time and saw so many beautiful sights including:

-Table Mountain
-Robben Island
-Green Market Square
-The Cape of Good Hope
-Boulders Beach
-A Cape Town Winery
-Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
-Tons of great restaurants/shops!

Here are a few of my over 600 pictures of the trip...


*The amputee baboon that sat beside the car!



*Papa Baboon?



*Me at the Cape of Good Hope!



*Gorgeous coast line...



*The sign says it all!



*St. John's Beach in Simonstown...so pretty!



*Fun beach cottages!



*The best market I've ever been to...Green Market Square!



*Queen of Table Mountain?!



*The Group...



*A view from atop Table Mountain...



*The inside of Nelson Mandela's cell on Robben Island...



*Katie and I on Robben Island.



*The boast we took to the island...



*Table Mountain from Robben Island!



*The Waterfront!

No comments: