Friday, August 7, 2009

The youngest patients...

I drive a lot for the Respite Unit. Many times my patients have to go to xrays, doctor's appointments, clinic pick-ups, and the list goes on. I drive to the local TB hospital numerous times a week. I always enjoy going there because I see ex-patients that are picking up their treatment or people I know that are in-patients there. I always find someone to visit with.

A few weeks ago, I was waiting for something (SOMETHING I DO A LOT OF HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA). I saw these two little girls walking around the hospital grounds. It is a government hospital, therefore, all the patients wear the same outfits and have the same bathrobes. These two little ones were decked out in the hospital baby blue and looking very adorable. I called them over and in my "broken" Zulu tried to talk to them.

They told me that they lived nearby and they both had TB. They had just been admitted to the hospital. Luckily, I always have "sweets" in my bag. I gave them each a bunch of candy and then showed them my camera. Zulu children absolutely adore having their pictures taken. They thought it was pretty cool to get some pictures taken. Too cute...






No comments: